Friday, August 15, 2008

An update

Abby had a great time at Camp Lamoka! The other girls had fun at VBS while Abby was at camp! They were able to use this huge castle bounce house from a sister church and it was a huge hit!. The last day I was able to witness our pastor and his wife enjoy it as well...very funny! (of course they did this when almost everyone had left!) The weather has been a bit frustating,due to all the rain so we haven't used the pool much as of late. Jonathon has been trying to say a few more words like "whoa" and "no"!He will be two years old next week....where does the time go?! I am gearing up for the school year. We have gotten most of the supplies requested, and I have ordered Emily's school material as well.

We have had to deal with something that we have never dealt with before. Head Lice! All four kids had it and then I got it as well. UGH!! It has been a very trying week for me trying to keep up and stay on top of it all to keep it from lingering. John could hardly see them in their hair,(something bout declinging eyesight in your mid-forties!! HAHA!) so he really was no help going through the girls hair. I suspect that the girls had it for while before I caught it. Looking back I can see where God intervened in situations, and I am so thankful that He is a God who sees everything! We were supposed to go away last w/e, but it didn't work out. It was a little disapointing at first,butI am so glad now that we didn't go. We also tried to make plans to stay at a beautiful B&B to celebrate our 15th anniversary this week, but the dates they had available were not working out. If we had made reservations, a) we would have been disappointed that we had to cancel and b) we may not have gotten our $ back. Then this morning, I was trying to pull out some frozen hamburg patties and dropped them on my big toe! Ouch! Immediate pain, and I burst into tears! I do have a problem in this area as I have done this several times in the past.Hmmm, I wonder what the lesson is in all this. I'm waiting to know.....

2 comments:

Heather said...

What an overwhelming problem you had to tackle. Yuck!! I am glad the little "unwanted guests" are under control now and out of the house. You are right, that is was such a blessing that you didn't end up going away. What a crazy trip that would have been!

Bethany said...

Oh, what a rough week you have had! So sorry about your pesty little friends. I can relate somewhat, though not lice. We have been dealing with an ongoing flea problem since late last year. The flea medicine from the vet only helps for a couple weeks and then they are back! Yuck... But not as bad as lice, I hope they are gone for good!

As far as what size Josh is wearing now, he is going to be in 18 months soon, though most of his 12 mo. clothes still fit well. I'll send you my phone # so you can give me a call, when you have time!