Saturday, August 2, 2008

Anticipation

I just thought I would write a quick post while I am waiting for Abby to come today after being gone for a week at Camp Lamoka. John drove down to pick her, one other camper, and 3 counselors (all from our church) up early this am. I stayed behind b/c there was not enough room for all of us in the truck. I cannot wait to hear about all the things that she did while at camp, and maybe she will have a new penpal as well! I am very proud of Abby b/c things did not go as planned. She and her best friend, Hannah, had planned to go to camp together. Well, this was not meant to be. When they arrived at camp early Monday am, Hannah was informed that she could not stay due to having some very unwelcomed visitors in her hair!! Yep, you guessed it! Lice! So, I won't go into it all, there was alittle bit of drama, but Abby did end up staying the week. God had it all worked out for her as there were several girls there that she knew and I'm sure that made her feel very comfortable. I know that God had a plan for Hannah as well. I talked to her mom yesterday, and she said she really handled it very well, considering the circumstances! I can only imagine that Abby came away from camp knowing more about herself and about God. Now, I am off to bake some zucchini bread and hopefully run out and pick up some cherries for Abby. She has been asking me for both of those things lately, so I thought it would be a nice homecoming for her if I had them all ready when she gets home!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh I can't wait to hear how she liked camp! I bet she loved it!! That is crazy how her best friend didn't get to stay, but you are right, God knew all about it and had a plan for both girls. Have fun catching up with Pook!