Monday, May 5, 2008

A little time away

The month of April was a very busy one. It seemed like it just flew right on by, and now we are into May already!

The girls and I spent 10 days on our 3rd annual trip to Myrtle Beach. John decided that he couldn't take the time off this year to go, but he wanted "just us girls' to go instead and have a good time. The baby stayed home with dad and while he was at work, Jonathon stayed with his normal babysitter that comes when I work my one day during the week each month. She came to the house each day to take care of him, and he handled it ok. It was a very different vacation, and I had very mixed emotions about leaving him for such a long time. It was nice to get away and be able to relax in the sun. We just love it down there! We all came back "brown-sugared." I think the most exciting part was that I drove that whole way there and back. I have never driven beyond Rochester before, so I felt like I made a huge accomplishment, and I now have the confidence I need to drive long distances!It took me a week to get ready and a week to recover when we got back, so I feel like April was a complete blurb!

With the early arrival of spring in NY, I now have lots of yard work ahead of me. We have gotten some done already, but I left a few piles of leaves from fall in certain spots and they left very ugly marks in our lawn. Ugh. Now that we are outside more often, I have gotten a chance to know our new neighbors better. She is outside alot walking their dog. There have been many days that I have welcomed being able to talk "small talk" with someone. I am very thankful to the Lord for providing such nice neighbors.

Apple Blossom time is soon approaching. Abby will be trying out for princess this w/e at the Apple Blossom Cornation. She really doesn't want to get princess, she would really be content with being picked for the princess's court. She would just love to be in the parade and ride in a "cool car." I am not sure how I feel about the whole princess idea. It can be so heart-crushing for the girls that don't get picked.I felt like I fully prepared Abby for what may happen if she gets picked or does not. So, we'll see what happens and deal with whatever comes our way. I am looking forward to taking her shopping this week for a nice pretty dress to wear for the occasion. I do ask for your prayers for her if you think of it.

Well,I think that I am all caught up, and I think I smell a "poopy diaper." Hmmmm....I wonder who that could be LOL!!

3 comments:

Martha said...

So now we know where you have been. I can relate to the "driving long distances" thing. I flew to Dallas alone (well, with Hannah) back in 1996 and that was a whole new experience for me. Totally not Martha, but you may recall, I really needed the break back then. Now I can drive long distances too. I guess I'm all grown up now... maybe.

Heather said...

Wow, I didn't know about your big trip! That is a huge accomplishment. I bet you had so much fun with the girls even though it was hard to leave baby boy behind. I am sure John and Jonathon had good man time together.

Bethany said...

That is a long way to go by yourself!! Sounds like a good opportunity on both ends though.

I always wanted to be a princess in the parade, but ended up being homeschooled by third grade. It obviously didn't happen, but I was okay with it. Good luck to Abby! She's one special girl, either way. Give her a hug for me.

I work on Wednesdays, so if you have clothes for Josh, stop by anytime between 10 and 2. Or I could swing by sometime. I'd like to meet Jonathan anyway! Thanks :)